About the Job
This is a 12 months fixed contract offer.
The Senior Payroll Analyst will oversee the international payroll cycle process for a few countries and manage relationships with HR Business Partners & other parties involved in monthly payroll process to provide payroll customer service for the employees.
As a Senior Payroll Analyst, you will be responsible for:
• Managing monthly payroll process for specific countries in EMEA region
• Reconciling payroll calculations prepared by the Payroll Providers to ensure consistency and accuracy,
• Coordination Year-End reporting for including liaison with Payroll Providers and internal stakeholders (HR, Compensation & Benefits, Equity, Finance.)
• Ensuring all statutory payments and filings are performed accordingly to internal company policies and local laws.
• Partnering with GL Team to ensure all payroll related records are booked by accountants and providing support during account reconciliation process
• Identifying and implementing payroll process improvements and best practices to drive process excellence and reduce error risk,
• Maintaining effective internal controls for the payroll function and proactively working with management to identify efficiency gaps and improvements.
• Following company policy & SOX, government regulations that affect payroll to ensure compliance of payroll policies and practices.
• Ensure internal payroll procedures are in place and up to date
• Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting Payroll and Payroll Tax
• Responsible for payroll-related SOX testing and compliance, as well as internal and external audit requests
• Participating in special projects and performing additional duties if required
About the Team
The International Payroll Team manages the processing payroll for 7800 employees in 30 countries.
Required Education and Experience
* Minimum education required is a Bachelor’s Degree (preferably) in Business, Accounting or Finance, Economics or similar field.
• Minimum 4 years of experience in a multi-national payroll department
• Experience with payroll processing in multiple countries
• Experience with in-house payroll processing in Europe would be a strong asset
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
• Fluent English-oral and written
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills, interpersonal skills and analytical skills.
• Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
• System implementation and/or process improvement experience.
• Technical knowledge of payroll systems (ie. ADP-Streamline, ADP Freedom, ADP-eTime, Kronos).
• Experience with Equity plans
• Exposure to SOX documentation and testing procedures
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Together, we innovate, collaborate, and power the next revolution in digital transformation. Join us.