We're looking for a world class Senior Software Engineer who will be in charge of developing and maintaining a suite of information-rich, security-focused web applications and component libraries; be involved in every step of the development process to ensure a highly interactive, useful and usable web-based – from developing and articulating requirements and product visions, through conceptualization, documenting, communicating your design work, collaborating with user experience designers, and implementation.
About the Team
Our software underpins the Security Organization and its portfolio of solutions that constitute Akamai’s Security Products. These include Kona Site Defender, Kona DDoS Defender, Bot Manager, WebApplication Protector and Site Shield. They provide distributed protection from both DDoS and application-specific web attacks with on-demand scalability.
You would be joining a brand-new Cracow-based team which will consist of 12 people (Senior Developers, Senior Developers in Test, Site Reliability Engineers, Data Scientists), working closely with other global teams responsible for developing our Security products.
• Working closely with product managers, UX designers, development and test engineers to conceptualize, implement and validate elegant and easy to use solutions.
• Contributing, innovating, and bringing usability and aesthetics to our products.
• Develop common components for modular development.
• Maintaining and extending the existing product and UI component libraries and leading the development efforts for future efforts.
• Develop and maintain developer automation & test framework.
• 6+ years of experience developing web applications using Java Enterprise Edition.
• 3+ years of experience with Spring, Hibernate, REST API, Ajax.
• Experience with Angular (2+), Typescript and/or ES6.
• Experience working on unit-test client and server-side code (e.g. Karma, Jasmine).
• Familiarity with Cloud Solutions, microservices architecture (Docker).
• Experience with scripting languages such as Perl, Python or Unix Shell Scripts.
• Expertise in Secure Software Design and Architecture.
• Ability to work with stakeholders from different departments with different perspectives and considerations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills; ability to organize and present information on screen and verbally with a team.
• Prior experience with networking/security related products is a plus.
Please include the following statement in your application:
"I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Personal Data Protection Act as of 29 August 1997, consolidated text: Journal of Laws 2016, item 922 as amended".
Akamai is a growing, and evolving, company with offices and operations around the world. As such, we strive to foster inclusive and representative workplaces where all employees are wholly welcome, and enabled to share and benefit from each other’s diverse contributions, as one global team. Together, we innovate, collaborate, and power the next revolution in digital transformation. Join us.