Solutions Architects are part of the Akamai Professional Services team and work directly with clients to deliver Akamai's solutions. You will be involved with projects from design through implementation, testing and customer sign-off. You will work independently or within a small technical team in delivering the appropriate solution to Akamai's enterprise customers. You will plan, implement, test, and deploy Akamai Customer Identity Access Management Solutions. You will also participate in internal projects that help scale the group, implement best practices, and improve our methodology and quality of implementations.
As a Solutions Architect, you will be responsible for:
• Take on an exciting opportunity within the newly formed Customer Identity Access Management Solution Services team within GSS
• Work as a member of a driven cross functional project team contributing to the technology-based solutions and consult on concept feasibility.
• Strategically work with our customers and partners to sell and integrate the Identity Cloud into the digital space of customers (websites, mobile apps, and more). Provide customers with strategic advice, installation, deployment, configuration, testing, and training services.
• Own the technical components of a customer integration project including but not limited configuration, debugging, documentation, testing, and go live support.
• In a customer development environment, monitor load and performance testing using Kibana and logs.
• Partner with Business Support, Sales, Engineering, Product Development and Technical Support to resolve issues that arise during customer trials, integrations, or post implementation support.
• Accurately scope implementation timelines for implementations.
• Identify technical risks and provide mitigation strategies.
• Review designs and configurations with other Professional Service team members to ensure quality and accuracy to requirements.
About the Team
Akamai’s Global Services & Support organization is responsible for driving customer loyalty; innovating to meet customers’ evolving online business needs; and for fostering a culture of accountability and exceptional service to optimize customer engagement. The Global Services & Support organization includes the core functions of Professional Services, Services Delivery, Technical Support, Customer Experience, Account Management, and Service Enablement. This world-class organization provides customers with the deep technical understanding and industry expertise to create new business opportunities, maximize return on investment, and reduce risk.
Required skills and experience:
• 3+ years of experience delivering enterprise-wide technical projects.
• 1+ years of hands-on experience programming with web and digital technologies.
• Experience working with RESTful APIs.
• Ability to solve complex integration and product questions/issues.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of external audiences, including senior executives.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to prioritize and execute in a methodical and disciplined manner, as well as to influence senior stakeholders and team members.
• Ability to track integration success and ensure deadlines are met.
• Providing input to a scalable technical integration and account management process.
• 20-30% travel is expected.
• Experience troubleshooting web applications using standard development tools.
• Experience working directly with customers.
• Project management experience a plus. Prepare integration schedules and detailed task lists to meet clients’ specific needs.
• Experience with data processing, Real Time Reporting and Analytics a plus.
• Working knowledge of the full software development lifecycle
• Advanced knowledge of the internet and internet related technologies
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, and perform under pressure.
• High level of energy, efficiency, and flexibility.
• Analytical approach to problem solving.